9-10 May 2018, The University of Hong Kong
The Society of Fellows in the Humanities at HKU invites scholars working in all fields of the humanities to an international, interdisciplinary conference exploring contacts, collisions and conjunctions. Thinking in terms of contacts, collisions and conjunctions allows us to open interdisciplinary avenues into the production of knowledge and human experience. Contacts, collisions and conjunctions create and are created by tastes, sounds, gestures, emotions, desires and texts. They oscillate between human practice, experience and discursive patterns of knowledge. They allow and urge us to conceptualize and establish, but also criticize and overcome borders — politically, socially, culturally, and disciplinarily.
Proposals may address, but need not be limited to:
- Interdisciplinarity and intersectionality in the humanities
- Transnationality, transculturality and transhistoricity
- Multilingualism, diglossia and translation
- Affective and sensory experiences: ways of knowing and feeling
- Borders and boundaries: encounters, contact zones and asymmetries of power
- Govermentality: regulating contact and illicit encounters
- Difference and similarity: unexpected connections
- Migration and diaspora: circulation and non-circulation of people, knowledge, cultural and material goods
- Relations between mainstream and counterculture, elite and popular culture
- Social movements and activist organizations: subversion and resistance
- Modernity, hybridity and syncretism
- Networks of media, art forms, styles and genres
- Conflict and resolution: war, negotiation and peace-making
Selected speakers may be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication.
Confirmed keynote speakers: Joseph Auner (Tufts University), Rey Chow (Duke University), Leela Gandhi (Brown University), François Cusset (Nanterre University)
The official language of the conference is English.
Please submit an abstract of 250-300 words and a short biographical statement to sof.hku -at- gmail.com before 15 January 2018.
Acceptance letters will be sent out in early February 2018. For enquiries please contact the Society of Fellows in the Humanities at sof.hku -at- gmail.com
© musicologie.org 2018
À propos - contact | S'abonner au bulletin | Biographies de musiciens | Encyclopédie musicale | Articles et études | La petite bibliothèque | Analyses musicales | Nouveaux livres | Nouveaux disques | Agenda | Flux RSS | Petites annonces | Téléchargements | Presse internationale | Colloques & conférences | Universités françaises | Collaborations éditoriales | Soutenir musicologie.org.
56 rue de la Fédération,
93100 Montreuil ☎
06 06 61 73 41
Samedi 6 Janvier, 2018 23:35