October 24-25, 2019, Madrid
II MUSAM International Conference
Deadline: May 15, 2019
Conference venue: Complutense University of Madrid (Spain)
The II International Conference of the Study Group ‘Music and (Latin)American Studies’ (MUSAM) of the Spanish Society of Musicology (SEdeM) warmly encourages submissions within the following themes, although other topics are also welcome:
- Methodologies, historiographical problems, and sources for the study of migratory processes in music towards/from/in the Americas.
- Migrations of musicians: motivations and networks.
- Circulation, reception, and transformation of repertoires, genres, and musical and choreographical techniques.
- Export/import of musical instruments, organological models and performance practices.
- Transnational communities and musical migration.
- Oral sources and historical interpretation.
- Interrelations between academic and popular musical repertoires..
- Familiar history, domestic spaces, and everyday life.
- Musical migration: construction of individual and collective memory.
- Colonialism, Postcolonialism, and Cultural History: interdisciplinary challenges and musical imaginaries of Americanism.
Proposals must be sent as an attachment (.doc, .docx, .rtf) to musam -at- sedem.es, and include: title and abstract (ca. 200 words), institutional affiliation (when applicable), short bio (ca. 150 words), e-mail. Languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese
Conference fee: 40€ (ES88.2100.3477.9322.0009.7194)
Study Group ‘Music and (Latin)American Studies’ (MUSAM) of the Spanish Society of Musicology (SEdeM) and Complutense University of Madrid
Victoria Eli Rodríguez (Complutense University of Madrid)
Javier Marín López (University of Jaen)
Belén Vega Pichaco (University of La Rioja)
Enrique Cámara de Landa (University of Valladolid)
Emilio Casares Rodicio (Complutense University of Madrid)
David Cranmer (Universidade Nova de Lisboa-CESEM/Caravelas)
María Gembero-Ustárroz (Mila & Fontanals Institution-CSIC, Barcelona)
Julio Ogas Jofre (University of Oviedo)
Irma Ruiz (CONICET, Universidad de Buenos Aires)
Juan Francisco Sans (Central University of Venezuela)
Musicologie.org, 56 rue de la Fédération, 93100 Montreuil ☎ 06 06 61 73 41
© musicologie.org 2018
Mardi 19 Mars, 2019