4-7 September 2019, Stellenbosch
Invitation and Call for Contributions
Music Department, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Closing date for proposals: 31 March
More information here
The South African Society for Research in Music (SASRIM) invites contributions for its 2019 congress, hosted by the Music Department, Stellenbosch University. The keynote address will be delivered by Professor Christine Lucia (Africa Open Institute, Stellenbosch University).
SASRIM encourages the submission of a wide variety of proposals, including those that explore alternative formats, disciplinary intersections, and the convergences and divergences between performance and/as research. Coinciding with the congress will be a two-day workshop in big band composition, arrangement, and performance; further details will be communicated early in 2019.
SASRIM invites proposals in a wide range of formats including:
• papers (20 minutes presentation + 10 minutes discussion)
• lecture-demonstrations (45 minutes presentation + 15 minutes discussion)
• panels (45 minutes presentation + 15 minutes discussion)
• performances and/or demonstrations (20 - 45 minutes presentation + 10 minutes discussion)
• exhibitions, film screenings and poster presentations
Proposals must be submitted to abstracts -at- sasrim.ac.za no later than 31 March 2019.
Musicologie.org, 56 rue de la Fédération, 93100 Montreuil ☎ 06 06 61 73 41
© musicologie.org 2018
Dimanche 10 Mars, 2019